ABOUT DIVA DESIGN FOUNDATION
The country is fortunate enough to possess some highly skilled artisans. Many rural people still earn their livelihood from their creative pieces of art. Despite the growth in Handicrafts industry in India the average income of the artisans is very low thus forcing them to opt for other fields. The need of the hour is assistance for the craftsmen to improve their direct marketing channels and their earnings. Thus Diva Design Foundation was formed and registered as a trust, with an ardent desire to promote Indian handicrafts and handlooms.
The main objective of this foundation is to identify the artistic skills found in different parts of our country, study them and develop products that can be found utility in everyday life so that the whole society can lend support to the crafts by being the patronisers. This effort is fulfilling two objectives – lend support to artistic skills and bring art to the door steps of common man.
DDF keeps in touch with craft clusters, trains the artisans in new techniques in design and process, and conducts workshops for the benefit of artisans.
Assistance for the Craftsmen to improve Direct Marketing Channels and Earnings.
- Support Traditional Handicrafts and Handlooms.
- Training Artisans with new designs and technology to meet international standard.
- To participate in international festivals / exhibitions along with artisans.
- A special study and research in ergonomics related to handicrafts, handlooms and rural technology and redesign the tools and machinery for Handicrafts and rural sector.
- To redesign of rural toys and bringing them into limelight for the benefit of the artisans and community at large.
- Train the tribal men and women in tribal art and craft with modern techniques and redesign the craft.
- Marketing of artisan designed crafts.
- To educate the people about the Water saving techniques & also research in the same line in rural & urban areas.
- To educate & train the people for energy saving techniques i.e.; in solar, gas, natural gas and other related areas.
- Research , design and development of Rural Technology.
You too can join this movement by contributing design ideas or by marketing these products or by using these products. Any of these acts will help in preserving our heritage.
Trustees & Members
An Architect-Industrial Designer, apart from design practice, worked with artisans at clusters for the last 20 years.
Sharada Rani is qualified in Architecture. With her skills sharadha Rani helps the foundation in quality control.
Being a dentist Dr.Naga sai sujai along with other doctors Conducts dental camps at clusters. Also educates the rural School children in oral health and care.
A Photo journalist worked for many Prestigious magazines like India Today, Savvy ect. capturing Indian art & culture through his camera.
Paresh C Shah has been an Electrical Consultant and contributes his expertise in rural technology.
Having masters in interior architecture designing and craft technology. She developed designes for crafts and conducted workshops for foundation.